Looking for a healthy alternative for this weekend’s Super Bowl Festivities? Try one of Fit Mom Diet’s clean appetizers. www.FitMomDiet.com Launches in a few weeks. More delicious recipes, cookbooks and products will be available once we launch. For now, check out and LIKE our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FitMomDiet
This tasty Egg Muffin recipe was created as I was cleaning out my refrigerator. Feel free to add or subtract the ingredients you wish.
-2 Whole Eggs
-2 Cups Egg Whites
-2 Cups Chopped Spinach
-1/2 Each of Cup Mushrooms & Onions
-2 Tbsp Feta Cheese
– Salt & Pepper
*OPTIONAL STEP: I sauteed the onions and mushrooms for a few minutes until soft.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and divide mixture into the cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
After the Egg Muffins cooled, I placed 2 in a ziploc bag to store and freeze. Easy to grab, reheat and GO.
Makes 11 Muffins. Each muffin contains approximately 70 Calories, 7 g Protein, 1 g Fat, 1 g Carb.
Lately, my food prep is getting faster and faster as I experiment with new creations like the Turkey Taco Rectangles pictured below. Instead of browning the meat, then adding my taco seasoning and portioning into packages, I decided the make my life a little easier.
First, I combined 3 packages of Lean Ground Turkey with about 1/4 c. Taco Seasoning. Use more or less depending on your desired taste.
After Spraying a 9 x 13 pan, I added the meat, flattened and baked at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Make sure to drain dish once it’s done baking. Cut into any shape you would like, add greek yogurt, salsa or cilantro for flavor and ENJOY!
My favorite clean meal is salmon. Between kids, life and a busy schedule, I tend to make simple meals that require little preparation. This is recipe is just 3 easy steps:
– Salmon Filet (1.5 lbs either cut into 5 equal piece or left whole)
– 1/4 C. Mustard (I prefer spicy brown)
– 3 Tbsp Sugar Free Syrup or Pure Maple Syrup (your choice)
– 1/3 c Soy Sauce
* Add any seasonings you like. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder is what I used.
2. Marinate: Place salmon in a plastic Ziploc bag or large tupperware container. Pour marinade over salmon and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Bake: Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place salmon pieces skin side down, on baking sheet. Bake 10-20 minutes, depending if you cut pieces or left whole. You want salmon to be opaque in center.
I completed my plate with steamed rice and grilled veggies. Enjoy on a bed of lettuce or even add left overs to your egg white omelet in the morning.